Pages

Monday, April 14, 2014

Cumberday!

Arrived in Sydney Saturday night, and with our nerves all jazzed up we went on a 3 hour walk all through the city and across the Harbour Bridge and back again, which was actually lovely and beautiful and highly suggested.  Got a few hours sleep and then got up for Oz Comic Con!

It was really pretty fun, got autographs, photos, met lots of cool people and had some funny times.  Benedict was very sweet to everyone, smelled good, had oddly proportioned limbs, and showcased his dancing 'skills' at the Q+A. 

The first con sort of thing I've ever gone to, it was...interesting!  I wouldn't say the cliche 'never meet your heroes' applies,  but there was something off during the whole experience for me.  As a trained evolutionary biologist, I love wildlife and nature, just beautiful fantastic things to observe.  But I've found that I'd rather sit in a forest everyday and never see a koala than go see a bunch of caged up sad  looking ones at the zoo.  It was a big event, things were rushed and a bit impersonal.  I guess what I'm saying is, humans aren't much different,  know when you're going to the zoo.

Nonetheless, we're really pleased with how the practice wedding photos turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment